How to Buy the Best Safety Shoes
There are some things to look out for when buying safety shoes. In order to verify you’re making a good buying decision, and to make sure you’re buying the type of shoes that fit your needs, we’ve come up with a list of things to check for before making the final decision.
1. First thing is first – if you’re looking for safety shoes for work, what kind of environment do you work in For example,Oxford Safety Shoes
, if you’re in the field of heavy construction, steel toed boots are best. If you work in the Louisiana bayou, on the other hand, you’ll want a pair of waterproof shoes. But there are the types of jobs where you might need steel toe shoes and waterproof shoes, so keep this in mind. We actually do carry multi-purpose shoes—in fact, most of our shoes are multi-purpose. If you’re unsure of the terms or what type of shoes you might need, on the other hand, we advise doing a little bit of research on our previous blog posts or checking your information against our safety shoes legend.
2. After you’ve decided what type of safety shoes you need, you’ll need to do further research on how durable the shoe is. This usually depends on the particular brand and model of shoe. There are many reviews online that provide reference points, or you can try contacting us with any questions you might have on durability.
3. Make sure that the safety shoes you want will fit correctly before purchasing a pair. Shoes of different brands and types will fit differently than your every-day sneakers. It’s very important to find shoes that fit correctly when you work a job that requires you to be on your feet for 8 or more hours each day. Also remember that with steel-toed shoes, your toes are not supposed to touch the steel. This can lead to foot injuries—it isn’t just about discomfort. We can’t stress this point enough.
4. Don’t be uncomfortable with asking questions. Whether you’re buying online or in-store, ask questions when you’re unsure of the right size for you,Composite Toe Boots
, when you’re unsure of a certain brand, or if you’re unsure of what type of shoe does what.
5. Check for coupons, deals and/or special promotions if the safety shoe you want and need is at a higher price point. We have sales going on at our many store locations here in Ohio, and in Kentucky, Illinois,Steel Toe Dress Shoes
, Indiana, Pittsburgh and Kentucky…check us out!